May 1, 2008

All Things are Possible only if we Believe

All Things are Possible only if we Believe

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4: 13.

It's good for us to have a positive attitude, but we must also have the Lord along with it and depend upon Him. He enables us to achieve what He has called us to do for Him.

There is a little story told about an overweight man who decided to take up tennis lessons to lose weight. He studied many books on positive thinking and took lessons from a tennis pro. When someone asked the man how he was doing, he replied: "Well, when my opponent hits the ball, my brain says to my body, 'race up to the net, hit the ball to the corner, jump back into position, return the next volley,' and my body says, "Who, me?" :o)

It's good for us to have a good outlook on everything and think positive, but there is no true power of positive thinking without the Lord in our lives to help us. When we have the Lord, we have all we need to make it through this life and have victory in Jesus.

Knowing God enables us to achieve the things He expects us to attempt in his service, helps us accomplish by His might and power. We can say as the Apostle Paul, "It is no longer I that liveth, but Christ that liveth in me." This is our true source of strength.

When Fanny Crosby was only six weeks old, her parents discovered that she could not see very well. They carried her to a doctor to try and improve her condition. He treated it incorrectly, and she lost her vision. Many years later, Fanny Crosby told others "do not blame the doctor. If I could meet him now, I'd tell him that he unwittingly did me the greatest favor in the world."

There was one day when Fannie Crosby did not have the money to pay her rent. After she prayed, a stranger was said to give her a ten-dollar bill, which was exactly what she needed. That night, she wrote this hymn, "All the way my Savior leads me... Jesus doeth all things well."

What a great truth! All things Jesus does, is done well. And, all things are possible with the Lord in our lives, if we only believe and it is in His will. We give thanks to our Lord who has put our lives together and planned them out according to his divine purpose and will. We are to live our lives in accordance with God's plan. He will guard us, guide us and everything we need will be given us that we might honor God through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. If He has called you to it, you can be assured He will see you through it.

That's good news! We can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens us.
Lift the name of the Lord on high today and sing His praises. What a Mighty God we serve! All things really are possible, regardless of obstacles, if we only believe.

Jo Ann Kelly

1 comment:

mark said...

hai,

my name is mark i read your news this is realy encourage me to grow
in my faith ful life
thanks

mark