May 20, 2008

Take care of your Eyes

Take care of your Eyes

Dear friends, I thank Jesus for leading me to share this testimony with you.

We pray to our Lord to take care of us as the apple of His eye. Eyes are that much precious and vital. So please give enough care to your eyes.

Last year, in the month of June, my left eye was having a sense of irritation (the effect like after seeing the sun or a bright light) and felt like something covering the eye ball. One day, when I was washing my face seeing the mirror, I observed and found that there is some problem with the left eye. I targeted an object in the mirror, and checked and compared my vision of both the eyes. Through the left eye, the target appeared dim when compared with that of the right eye.

So I went to consult an Ophthalmologist. He tested the vision of the eyes and he found that there was about 25% vision reduction in the left eye. Then after examining the eye through the microscope, he suggested to do Fluorescein Angiography for sure (which is according to my language, injecting some medicine through a vein in the hand and taking photographs of the eye). After the test, he diagnosed and confirmed the problem. There were 3 tiny holes over the periphery of the eyeball and near the retina. The inner fluid of the eye has leaked through these holes and has spread over the eyeball which has caused vision reduction.

When I asked the physician about the cause of such problem, his answer was so funny. He said that the prime reason for this problem is mental stress (!). It affects people with tight-rope walking personality and it is common among the men of age group 20 - 40. I just wondered hearing the cause; I was asking me "Am I stressed? Not so. Then, why?" And the remedy he suggested was to either take medicines for one month or have a laser treatment. Some of the non-conventional exercises he asked to take are to stay relaxed and to have fun/humour. I prayed to Jesus to deliver me from the weakness and I begged Him to pardon my sins which I have committed through my eyes. And I cried unto Him to make my eyes holy and to let them see only Him not the world. I preferred the first suggestion of the doctor, and praise God, He heard my prayer and I am perfectly OK today.

I had many learning through this weakness (He used to teach me through each and every incident that happens in my life). I could actually feel how bad the blind people suffer without vision. When my eyes were dilated before the test, I had to wait for nearly 2 hours closing the eyes. I couldn't remain even for 2 hours without the eyes. Then how do blind people manage to live throughout their life without eyes. Neither it is their sin which made them blind nor it is our righteousness why we are alright. All are His creations. So let us determine to help the physically challenged people.

When I went for the consultation, the doctor said to bring one person along while coming for FA test. I hesitated to demand help from my friends or room-mates as I thought I might be a burden for them. But one of my friend, as well as my colleague, voluntarily came forward to help me. She got permission from her mother and she came with me to the hospital. She stayed with me all through the test and helped me a lot. When I think of it, who am I that someone would come forward to help me and care for me. It is His love in her which kindled her to help me. Let she be blessed abundantly.

Does the Bible say anything about eyes?

Sorrow grows eyes dim. (Job 17:7a)
Eye is the lamp of the body. (Matt. 6:22, 23)
If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. (Matt. 5:29)

Friends, it is only by His grace we are healthy enough today. So let us take opportunity to thank and praise Him in each and every moment of our life. Also let us learn to help others, care for others and love others. Jesus didn't simply teach doctrines; He lived according to them in His daily life. So let us learn to be His disciples and be living witnesses for Him.

Shall we pray?

Dear Father, we thank You for teaching us through each happenings of our life. Jesus, touch our eyes so our Saul will be transformed into Paul. You are of purer eyes; so enlighten our eyes to see Your face. O Lord, Your eyes run to and fro through out the whole earth to take care of us. We fear You, so let Your eye be on us. Guide us and lead us with Your eye in Your way. Lord rescue us from falling into the temptations and lusts of the eyes and from the luxuries and vanities of the world. Sanctify our eyes and give Your perspective. Let we not try to be right in our own eyes; help us to choose the path that pleases You. Let each and every members of our body (Your tabernacle) function to bring glory to Your name. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

[Dear friends, I encourage you to share what He has done in your life for His glory. Personal testimonies strongly help in leading people to Christ! So testify and acknowledge Him...]

Monic
May 20, 2008

No comments: