May 9, 2008

Mistakes

Mistakes

Paul was a very driven man. He had passion for what he believed in before he met Christ he had a passion for eliminating Christians, after he met Christ he had a passion for souls. From reading Paul's works in the Bible we could see his struggles to bring himself into submission to Christ. To be self disciplined. Paul struggled just like you and me. Read what he said one time after he knew he had failed.

O unhappy and pitiable and wretched man that I am! Who will release and deliver me from (the shackles) of this body of death? O thanks God! -- He will! Through Jesus Christ, the Anointed One, our Lord! So then indeed I of myself with the mind and heart serve the Law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin. (Romans 7:24, 25)

I found an interesting quote about this:
First, these words are the language of a regenerate man; second, of an impotent man; third, of a wretched man; and fourth, of a man on the borders of complete liberty.

Paul found liberty in repentance to God.

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness". Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

I am reminded that when we fail it is not an occasion to beat our chest and hate ourselves, it is a occasion to grow in Christ, and recommit ourselves to Him. It is a chance to find liberty from sin through Christ.

This should be reassuring to each of us, that no matter what we do wrong, we can run to Christ, and find grace, mercy and forgiveness at his feet, and seek to learn from our mistakes and mature in Christ.

He has not punished us as our sins should be punished; he has not repaid us for the evil we have done. He has taken our sins away from us as far as the east is from the west. Psalm 103:10, 12

I will forgive them for the wicked things they did, and I will not remember their sins anymore. Hebrews 8:12

If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

If you fall, stay there for a minute on your knees, confess your sins, ask God to guide you into a better walk with him and to strengthen you in His might. Humble yourself, admit your mistakes, learn from them, and forgive yourself. This then is the maturing process of every Christian.

Millie

No comments: