July 8, 2008

I’m abused: Can someone help me?

I’m abused: Can someone help me? – Is this your cry today?

Q: My Name is Karen, and my life started out real painful and harsh, was abused at 5 and 10 years old, never had a loving mother or father; always was abused, lied on and treated unfairly, but some how I kept on going, and God always managed to protect me; no matter what state I was in on drugs, night life and many other situations that were not the best for me, at the age of 38, Christ found me once again. I began to serve Him will all my heart, I paid tithes, clean the Church, feed the homeless, love people, forgive, but in return I was lied on used and abused. Then one day I began to loose every thing: my business, my home and everything, and I had no where to go but into this man's home which was not the best place to live, but it was a roof over my head, and that was three years ago, now I am in so much pain, because I want God to help me get out, I don't want to live in sin, why won't God answer my prayer, as I write you now, tears is streaming down my face and my heart feels abandoned by God. When I talk to different men and women of God, they say that, “God says, that He is going to bless me; and that I am an Evangelist, and that God is going to give me a music ministry and blessing”. But it sure don't feel like it, if He just helps, I will do the rest, please pray for me.

A: My dear Karen, thank you for asking your questions. They are the great questions of life.

You and God are partners in taking care of you. He does what He can and expects you to do what you can. He promised His children that they would never be tempted beyond what they can endure but with each temptation, He would provide a way of escape. You still need to find that way of escape because it is there.

God cares deeply for you and no one in this world will ever care for you the way He does. Trust Him. Keep on trusting Him. He will provide a way of escape for you.

Your present situation does not sound ideal. It sounds like a place where you will continue to let others take advantage of you and abuse you the way you were lied to, abused, and taken advantage of as a child. Your childhood trained you to let people abuse you. You must learn a new way of life. God wants you free and independent of toxic people. He wants you dependent on Him alone and not on some person who cannot respect or love you.

You must begin working on yourself. Begin each morning praying fervently for God to strengthen your spirit. You can expect that this prayer will not make things easier immediately. God wants you strong. Many people have the false opinion that abuse makes you strong. It does not. It weakens you. You must flee abusive situations and toxic people. Strength comes from kindness, God's kindness and that of others.

If your Church family cannot or will not help you move toward freedom and reliance on God, find another community of Christians that will. There are lots of churches in your community that have counseling programs. You need these programs to teach you the life skills you need to stand, as God wants you to, in the light, in the light of His son.

Paul wrote, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." You can move to a place of faith, health, and security. God wants it for you. Pray for it to happen each evening and then keep your eyes open for opportunities. They will come your way. When they do, seize them and say, "Thank you" no matter how small the opportunity is. If someone smiles at you, thank God for that person and thank that person as well. When you begin to appreciate all the small things, the bigger things follow.

I hope this helps. I am praying for you.

Source: AllExperts

No comments: