May 20, 2008

The COMFORTER in suffering!

The COMFORTER in suffering!

Dear friends in Christ, I greet you in the name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I would like to share with you an incident that happened in my life. When I was studying 7th standard, one day evening, while playing, my left hand bone fractured in its wrist. The fractured scene resembled the cut head of a chicken hanging in its skin. First I thought it happened in the dream. Only after 15 minutes I could realize that it had really happened.

I suffered very much in pain. I took proper orthopaedic (siddha) treatment from a hospital and returned back home. The night came. I was unable to bear the pain at all and so I couldn't sleep. But what can I do. No one could share a part of my suffering and comfort me. I experimented many methods to comfort myself, but everything was in vain. At last I found a remedy. That was PRAYER.

I was waiting for others to sleep, otherwise they would mock at my unusual praying. :) After everyone had slept, I knelt down, cried out and started praying to Jesus, "Jesus, my dear Father, there is no one to help me. Almighty, you are the comforter. O Lord, deliver me from the pain as You are able to do so. You are my refuge and a very present help in trouble. Please attend to my cry. Amen!" What a miracle, Jesus heard the voice of my supplication and comforted me and made me to sleep peacefully and I praised Him for His love and mercy on me.

Yes dear friends, are you going across any suffering in your life? The world may not understand the pain you experience and may even say that you are having it according to your own deeds. No one in this world will share and bear your suffering. Also we should never expect it from others because they actually can't do it. The only help is from Above. Kneel down and pray to Him. Cast your burden on the Lord and He shall sustain you. Fear not, pour out your heart to Him. Then, definitely you will find a sweet relief.

Monic

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is an encouraging testimony .
yes we need to only depend on Him . He is faithful if we trust . sometimes we loose faith or get distracted , we need to go down , humble ourselves to him just as we did when we were kids .