May 3, 2008

Trusting in the Great I Am

Trusting in the Great I Am

When we are at the end of our rope
God is waiting there,
He has been holding us all along.

When all seems lost
God knows we are found,
He is the great Shepherd who leaves
the 99 sheep for the one Lost Sheep.

When all resources seem at an end
God owns the cattle on a thousand hills,
He is not limited by our thinking,
but able to do exceedingly abundantly
above that which we ask or think.

When trials and troubles come relentlessly
God's mercy abounds even more,
He says my grace and strength are sufficient
for thee, trust in Me. I am the Great I Am,
I Am all you need.

Lessons learned in the time of crisis
the time of loss
the time of waiting
teach us to stretch
grow
rely on
cling to
and trust implicitly in God.

Not in men
not in our power
not in our strength.
But in God.

He gives power to the faint and weary,
and to him who has no might He increases strength --
causing it to multiply and making it abound.

But those who wait upon the Lord -- who expect,
look for, and hope in Him -- shall change and renew their
strength and power; they shall lift their wings
and mount up (close to God) as eagles (mount up to the sun)
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint or become weary.
Isaiah 40:29, 31

God help me to remember today
to walk in your strength
not my own,
to trust in your power and abilities
to watch over me, solve my problems,
provide my needs. Help me to cling to,
rely on, trust in and find hope in you each day.
You are my source, and I praise you oh God
your mercies, grace and provision are new each day.

Amen.

All He is, is all you will ever need.

Millie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I testify that God helps the helpless.He patiently looks at us to ask for His help.If we feel helpless to even ask for His help He comes up to guide & seek Him. Its His Grace that we continue to walk & learn better every day.As we listen & let Him work through us,He performs His word in us & yet rewards us for being faithful in receiving His Love. His Love & Grace we can not fathom.