August 6, 2008

HE shall direct your paths!

HE shall direct your paths!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Prov. 3:5, 6

Dear friends, I’m glad to share with you what God has done for me recently.

I was staying in hostel (IIT-M campus) before. As my younger most brother planned to come here for work, I thought of moving out and stay with him. So I started looking for a house / room. I told few of my friends to let me know if they find a place. I found few, but I didn’t feel comfortable with those places.

Finally, only few days were left behind to vacate the hostel. So one day evening, I started from my hostel praying that, “God, I need a place to stay – a simple but comfortable room. If I get it from a Christian family, I would be so happy. But let Your will be done. I ask You to guide me and help me getting a nice place. I’m not interested to pay brokerage to find a place. YOU should show me the place.” Just few feets away from my workplace gate, I saw a “to let” board hanging in a house. I went there to ask about the place and excitingly I found there a Christian mother. :) She felt so happy seeing me, she received me gladly and agreed to give me that place to stay.

I came to know from her words that she was praying about it for many days. She has lost her husband recently and she has 2 children: the girl has got married and the boy is working for some HR consultancy. Please pray for this family as they are going through pain because of loosing their beloved.

When I looked into the room, it was full of dust as it is located on the road side, but I felt that it was prepared for me by God. She gave me that room in few days, cleaning good and doing some maintenance works. No one would believe this: this new room is nearly two and a half times spacious than my hostel room, very cheap rent, good access to mobility, and many more. Yes, He did it for me.

The first day (01.8.’08), I had shifted all my things from the hostel room taking help from some friends and evening I wanted to dedicate the new room. So I asked some of my friends to come and pray. Because they were engaged in some other works, they couldn’t. So I did it myself. I was kneeling there in prayer asking God to make the place holy, also praying for me to live a holy life and to bless the place like “Bethel”.

In few minutes, while I was in prayer, I got a call from a brother studying in Anna University saying, “Anna, me and my friends are planning to setup a music team. Can you help us? And we are also looking for a place to practice.” I gladly invited them to come and use my room. See how awesome our Father is – answering prayer within seconds! (Neither I know this brother nor does he know me before. But still I got this call from him. Isn’t it wonderful?)

Dear Father, we thank You for all the things that You have done and for the things You are doing everyday of our life. We need to thank You each and every moment for your love, mercy and grace. Jesus, we love You so much and we will keep praising You and worshipping You through our words and deeds till our last breath. Thank you so much!

Monic

1 comment:

johntmuthuraj said...

Truly god knows even smaller needs of his children and ready to meet their needs.Yours is an example How God is listening and answering our sincere prayer.Iam regular to your blog,even I recommend to some of my contacts for spiritual growth.