May 20, 2008

Our God gives His angels charge over us!

Our God gives His angels charge over us!

Dear friends, greetings to you in the name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!

I praise God for allowing me to share this testimony with you.

One Sunday (19th Nov. '06), about 5 PM in the evening, I was on the way to a prayer meeting / Bible study (EGF – Evangelical Graduates Fellowship) at Adyar. When I was waiting for the traffic get cleared in Narayanapuram junction (near Pallikaranai, Chennai) which is located about 2 kilometres from my room, I saw a Santro car turning to the nearby road.

But within a second, it came straight and collided with my bike with a huge sound. And I was sandwiched between the bike and the wall of the nearby shop and the car stopped kissing my bike wickedly.

I couldn't manage to stand up as my left hand was tightly caught between the bike and the wall. Somehow, the people who had gathered around me moved the car ahead, lifted the bike and took me up. At that moment, I felt, my eyes were shrinking and the world around me getting darkened. But my mouth kept spelling His name (JESUS) and in my heart I was crying to the Lord, "Lord, please don't forsake me". I could realise that I am slowly moving to the unconscious state and before I reached it, I asked the nearby person to call my friend (Jebin) and gave him his number. I fell down unconscious on the road.

The people around me took me to the nearby house. There they sprinkled water on my face and gave me water to drink. Now I could return to the subconscious state.

Then they carried me to the nearby Kamakshi Memorial Hospital (near CTS, Pallikaranai) in the same car. I couldn't walk at all. I felt so tired and my whole body was wet with sweat. I was yelling inside due to the severe pain in my left hand and the scratches here and there. At the same time, I was praying to the Lord to help me and comfort me.

I suspected that there might be a severe fracture; but I was praying to Jesus to do a miracle. Praise God! The X-ray results proved that there was no fracture. I praised Him for His wonderful rescue. After that I had a glucose trip and some medicines and left the hospital within 3 hours.

I really thank God for saving me from a big tragedy in a mighty manner. I could actually realise the force of hit only after seeing my hardly damaged just 3 months old bike which was then hospitalized in a service station. I praise Him as He changed the mountain-like sorrow into a tiny dew.

When I was on the bed in the hospital, I was thinking why did it happen? Accidents were not new events for me as they have happened before several times due to some reasons. But this time, I started from my home praying that, "Lord, I am going to the prayer meeting; let Your presence be with me in the way to and fro; guard me with Your angels; fence me with Your forts of blood and fire; sustain me; and give me Your wisdom and instruction to ride my bike properly and effectively".

Also, I never go beyond 50 kmph speed, which doesn't mean I don't like speed riding, but for the advantage of mileage I do so. Also I was standing still when that happened.

When I was thinking about these, I got these verses in my mind:

Prov. 3:11, 12 (KJV)
My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, nor detest His correction.
For whom the Lord loves He corrects, just as a father the son in whom He delights.
Job 5:17, 18 (KJV)
Behold, happy is the man whom God corrects; therefore do not despise the chastening of the Almighty.
For He bruises, but He binds up; He wounds, but His hands make whole.

And my natural tendency is to gladly accept the punishment for the mistakes that I commit even since from my childhood. So I started to thank God for His chastening and praised God for His love towards me. When I started praising and worshipping Him, He began to comfort me from my pains and I could really feel better with His presence.

Yes, God does great things, and unsearchable, marvelous things without number. Job 5:9 (KJV)

I am thanking Him once again for His awesome love and today, I am perfectly OK.

And I believe that He allows such small things in our life to correct us and to strengthen our faith and love in Him and to prove the almighty power of His hand and for the glory of His Name. He will never forsake us as we are His children through His blood. Will a father enjoy his son/daughter experiencing unnecessary pains? No and never...

Your friend in Christ,
David Monic Vinoj

No comments: