May 23, 2008

Troubled On Every Side?

Troubled On Every Side?

We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed, we are perplexed, but not in despair, Persecuted, but not forsaken, cast down but not destroyed. 2 Corinthians 4:8-9

Sorrows and troubles are part of this life, sometimes coming in waves that threaten to overwhelm us. They alter our life and our thinking, and we find them flowing in the quietness of tears. Alone with our grief, and pain, we find it darkening our days and hearts.

Grief and pain can come from many areas other than death. The losses, the grief, the sorrow mount up and become heavy upon our spirit. Friends come and go, and it changes our feeling of security in this world Our heart cries out within us: Oh God, Help Me quickly. I am at the end of my rope.

And He says, my child, at the end of your rope is where I want you. For in those days, you turn to me, and you find that I am your strength, and your hope. You find that I bring you joy, and that I have answers to all your needs. For it is when you are weak my Child, that I can be strong within you.

As we gaze out the window, we suddenly see the flowers blooming in the neighbors garden. Their faces are lifted to the sun. Soaking up the sunlight, and the nourishment it brings to their leaves. Our perspective is broadened beyond our internal pain.

It reminds me I am to turn my eyes unto the hills. To look above. Not at the things of earth. Not to let my spirit get entangled with the cares of this life, but entangled with the word of God, till it seeps in my spirit and casts away all shadows, all tears, and restores my strength.

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence comes my help; My help comes from the Lord which made heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2. If He made these hills, and even man cannot make mountains grow, why then does my heart trust in men? Men come and come, they hurt us, and we hurt them, but the presence of God is an anchor to our souls. We find rest for our spirit.

Why is it Lord I need to be reminded of this so often? Why do I get my eyes off you, and onto my problems? Each time it brings the same despair, the same depression, and my life is caught up in a whirlwind of self involved, pity, loneliness and heaviness.

I know where to go. Thank you Lord for reminding me. I have been looking the wrong direction again. Forgive me Lord. And lift me to Holy Ground. Fill me with your spirit, and make me fit for your work. Lift the spirit of despair, depression, and rebuke the darkness from me. I will look into your face until the world fades out. And when I leave this room, I will be full of your anointing, prepared for whatever is ahead.

Therefore the redeemed of the Lord shall return, and come with singing unto Zion, and everlasting joy shall be upon their head; they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away. Isaiah 51:11

Cling to that rope my friends. God is holding on to you. Look to His face. He loves you very much. He never leaves nor forsakes. And He... will bring you into Holy Ground - full of righteousness and Hope.

Millie

No comments: