September 24, 2008

Are you rejected? Be glad!

Are you rejected? Be glad!

"The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone; the LORD has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes. This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:22-24

Where do I begin? This is a prophetic passage of Scripture that Jesus used, as recorded in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke. Jesus experienced the rejection of the religious leaders of His day, and many of us experience rejection in our life. I hope to be able to give us some encouragement when we face rejection.

Several years ago I experienced harsh rejection. The only reason for writing about it is to give you a hope and a confidence. Even though you may be rejected by men -- you are never rejected by our heavenly Father.

The purpose of my rejection is known only to those who inflicted it. It started with snide remarks and innuendos. Comments became accusations with no basis, so it was hard to endure. Have you ever been there? False statements were made and I found myself feeling like an animal being pursued by hunters ready for the kill.

I want to say right here that I am no perfect example. I make more than my share of mistakes, blunders and oversights. Some of the comments had elements of truth in them, so I could agree to a point, but taken out of context, they became a pretext.

I pray that there may be one or two of you out there who are able to relate to this and I hope that this will be God's way of sending you assurance. I had those who gave me assurance during my ordeal and it was a blessing.

God was just beginning with us! People came forward to support and stand along beside us. I realized that I was not rejected, but loved and sustained by the Lord. God still continues to surprise us with His new call to exciting ministry.

For over eight years the Lord has given me a vision to write this Daily-E-Votional, which is going out to thousands of people all around the globe.

Here is my conclusion concerning rejection. Jesus was rejected and He was perfect in all ways. Since we are not perfect we can expect to be rejected or at least not appreciated.

When we encounter rejection in our life -- whether in the home, at church, at work, or wherever it may be -- turn it over to the Lord. Write down on paper what you are encountering and present it to Him in prayer. Keep your eyes fixed steadfastly upon Him and know that He will never, ever reject you.

Now you know a little more about me. I want you to know that I will never reject you. I will pray and intercede for you. We all need that someone who will be constant and based upon God's Word.

Since God has given us this day -- BE GLAD AND REJOICE IN IT!

Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

No comments: