April 8, 2009

The story about my Friend

The story about my Friend

I would like to tell you a story of a friend so dear to me. You see; He saved my life. I want you to understand that He would do it for you too. This is how it happened.

I was wandering around down this wide path, and it was so dark I could hardly see and I was always stumbling. I remember I was so poor and lonely, I was not the only one on this path, and there were many there, all around me. I do not know where I was or where I was going. I was sick and close to death, there just did not seem like there was any point in living anyway. I just had nothing to live for. I had no friends. It was so dark there; you see, I was also blind. I was constantly told, "You do not want to see what is ahead anyway."

I felt like the whole world was on my shoulders and I felt so dirty inside and out.

But at a certain point, I do not know exactly when or where; there was a man standing in my path, facing me, I perceived. I asked Him, "Who are you?"

And He answered in a voice that seemed to so kind in this dark place, where nobody is nice to anyone. He said, "A friend."

I said, "But sir, I do not know you, how is it that you say you are my friend?"

He said to me, "You answer rightly, you do not know Me, but if you follow Me, you will know Me."

I said, "I do not know if I can make it, as my feet feel so heavy and I am so weary."

Again, that voice that seemed so full of feeling and a genuineness I never thought I would hear. His voice was gentle, but, there was quality in it that seemed ageless.

He said to me, "My dear friend, let Me take your burdens of pain and guilt. Give it all to Me and I will take it on My back, and I will hang it on a tree for you." It seems so strange that this Man should be in this place. But I decided to trust Him anyway. So I said, "Alright, take it."

It was then, for the very first time, I felt free. Then He spoke again and said, "Open your eyes, and see." Immediately my eyes opened and I could see... light! Could this be the One I have heard people call the Light of the World?

He said, "Do you want to live and be in good health?"

I said, "Sir, by what authority do You say these things, and who sent You?" He just smiled a smile that pours love into you, and said, "All authority in heaven and earth has been given to Me by My Father who sent Me to you."

I said, "Truly, You are a friend indeed."

He said to me, "In My Father's kingdom, there you will have many friends. There is no sickness or hatred, no death or pain, just rejoicing forever."

I said, "How do I get to Your Father's kingdom?"

He said, "For God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son, so that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Then, suddenly, understanding flooded my entire being, and I fell to my knees and worshipped Him saying, "I believe You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God, the anointed One, You are Jesus the Christ, my Saviour!"

He said, with words of purest love, "I am He. Come, enter into the kingdom of My Father and your Father, My God and your God."

I then said, "What would You have me to do for You Lord?" Jesus answered me and said, "Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature, and he who believes and is baptised will be saved, and he who does not believe will be condemned."

Now you know I mean it when I say to you that Jesus is the way when you are lost, the One who cannot lie because He is the Truth. He will give you life, and give it more abundantly, because He is the Life. Now, having said that, do you want to live in the light of God, who will meet your every need, and live in prosperity by His riches in glory in Christ Jesus, or do you want to die in darkness forever?

Do you want to reap the harvest of good health, or do you want to continue in your sins and reap the rewards thereof (sickness and disease and death)? For it is written, "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows that he will also reap.

For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life." (Galatians 6:7) Now do not get all offended if you think I called the unsaved sinners. Remember this: it is written, "For all have sinned and fall short the glory of God." (Romans 3:23) You can only be righteous through faith in Christ. (Romans 3:22)

This is a wise saying:

"A dog is not a dog because he barks, a dog barks because he is a dog; and a man is not a sinner because he sins, a man sins because he is a sinner."

Darren Hollingsworth

[Shared by Sis. Bensi]

No comments: