December 11, 2007

Last Tract

Last Tract

Every Sunday afternoon, a Pastor and his eleven-year-old son would go out and distribute Gospel Tracts. One Sunday it was cold and raining. The boy announced that he was ready. His Dad responded, "Son, it's very cold outside and it's pouring down rain."

The boy asked, "But dad, aren't people still going to Hell, even though it's raining?" Dad answers – "Son, I am not going out in this weather." Despondently the boy asks, "Dad, can I go, please?" "Son you can go. Here are the tracts. Be careful son." With that he was off into the rain.

He walked the streets, door to door, handing everybody a Gospel Tract. After 2 hours he was soaking bone-chilled wet with his VERY LAST TRACT. Since the streets were deserted he turned toward the first home he saw and rang the doorbell, but no one answered. He rang it again and again, finally he turned to leave but something stopped him. Again, he rang the bell and knocked loudly on the door. He waited, and rang again, and this time a very sad looking elderly lady slowly opened the door asking, "What can I do for you son?" With radiant eyes and a smile that lit up her world this little boy said, "Mama, I'm sorry if I disturbed you, but I just want to tell you that JESUS REALLY DOES LOVE YOU, and I came to give you my last Gospel Tract which will tell you about JESUS and His great LOVE." With that he handed her his last tract. She called him as he departed. "Thank you son! And God Bless You!"

The following Sunday Morning in Church, Pastor asked, "Does anybody have a testimony or want to say anything?" In the back row, an elderly lady stood. As she began to speak a glorious radiance came from her face as she said, "None of you in this Church know me, I've never been here before. You see, before last Sunday, I was not a Christian. My husband passed away some time ago, leaving me totally alone in this world.

Last Sunday, being a particularly cold and rainy day, it was even more so in my heart as I longer had any hope or will to live. So I took a rope and a chair and went to the attic of my home. I fastened the rope to a rafter in the roof, then stood on the chair with the other end of the rope around my neck. Standing on the chair, so lonely and brokenhearted, I was about to leap off when suddenly the loud ringing of my doorbell downstairs startled me. I thought – I'll wait a minute, and whoever it is will go away, I waited and waited, but the doorbell seemed to get louder and more insistent and then the person ringing also started knocking loudly. Nobody ever rings my bell or comes to see me." I loosened the rope from my neck and started for the front door, all the while the bell rang louder and louder.

When I opened the door in my porch was the most radiant and Angelic little boy I had ever seen in my life. His SMILE, I can never describe it to you! And the words that came from his mouth caused my heart, that had long been dead, TO LEAP TO LIFE as he exclaimed with cherub like voice – "Mama, I just came to tell you that JESUS REALLY DOES LOVE YOU." Then he gave me this Tract that I now hold in my hand. I closed my door and ready every word of this Gospel Tract. I am now a Happy Child of the KING and since the address of your Church was on the back of this Gospel Tract, I have come here to personally say THANK YOU TO GOD'S LITTLE ANGEL WHO CAME JUST IN THE NICK OF TIME AND, BY SO DOING, SPARED MY SOULD FROM ETERNITY IN HELL.

There were no dry eyes in the Church, praise, and honour to THE KING were shouted, Pastor Dad descended from the pulpit to where the little Angel was seated. He took him in his arms and sobbed uncontrollably.

Probably no Church has had a more glorious moment, and probably this universe has never seen a Papa that was more filled with love and honour for his son – EXCEPT for one – this FATHER also allowed His Son to go out into a Cold and Dark World. He received His son back with Joy unspeakable, and as all of Heaven Shouted Praises and Honour to THE KING, next to The FATHER sat HIS BELOVED SON on a throne far above all Principality and Power.

No comments: